Danang city is one of the most famous cities for tourists in the central of Vietnam. Located by the sea, it has a wide range of food with different budgets. Even with just 1 dollar, you can try many kinds of delicious foods. Let’s check “Top 10 Street food under 1 USD in Da Nang”
1.: Banh My or Vietnamese Baguette:
If you are in love with the crisp of the bread, the wonderful combination of filling and gravy, crunch of pickles, this is definitely your love! The price is incredible as well, usually cost 1 dollar for the whole baguette.
Where to try:
- Banh My Ba Lan @ 62 Trưng Nữ Vương, Quận Hải Châu, T.P Đà Nẵng: 20,000 vnd for regular one, the stick one is cheaper for 8000 vnd only.
- Banh My Heo Quay Bich @ 447 Trưng Nữ Vương, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng : from 10,000 vnd to 20,000 vnd/ baguette. This one is a simple version with roasted pork, herbs, salt and black pepper, gravy.
Bun Cha Ca:
As a seaside city, the seafood in Danang is very fresh and tasty. This dish is probably the cheapest seafood dish. Locals use the meat of the freshest fish to make fishcake, then they stew fish bone with cabbage, tomato, pineapple, bamboo shoot and serve with fresh salad. Sip the broth slowly, you can feel the sympathy of flavor on it.
Where to try:
- Bun Cha Ca Ba Lu @ 319 Hùng Vương, P. Vĩnh Trung,Quận Thanh Khê, Đà Nẵng. Price start from 17,000 vnd for 1 bowl of Bun Cha Ca.
- Bun Cha Ca Ba Hon @ 113/3 Nguyễn Chí Thanh, P. Hải Châu 1, it costs 20,000 vnd per small bowl of Bun Cha Ca
My Quang or Quang noodle:
This noodle dish is one of the most typical food of Danang city. It is wonderful combination of greens, flat noodle, meat, and gravy and rice cracker. You have all nutrition you need in this simply dish!
Where to try:
- My Quang Thi @ 251 Hoàng Diệu, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng: it cost from 20,000 vnd for Quang noodle with pork ribs ( My Quang Suon), or Quang Noodle with Shrimp and Pork ( My Quang tom thit) or Quang noodle with chicken ( My Quang Ga, please note that their chicket is not fillet )
- My quang Ba Ngan 3 @ 22A Phan Thành Tài, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng they have the small bowl of Myquang with 20,000 vnd/bowl.
Banh Trang Di Hoa @ 62/2A Núi Thành, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng:
If you really want to discover the local snacks, so this place is a must. This is the heaven for local foodies in the afternoon, on the way from their school/office back home to have a quick break with tasty snack. Their best foods is grilled cakes with filling inside such as pate, dried beef or pork liver, green mango dipped in their sauce, young jackfruit salad and tons of local juice and drink.
The cost of her food star from 12,000 vnd to 20,000 vnd per dish for food and from 8,000 vnd to 10,000 vnd for drink. Phenomenal!
Bánh Bèo Bà Bé @ 100 Hoàng Văn Thụ, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng:
In case you need some snack only, this is a great place for you. They offer a great collection of local savoury cakes from 15,000 vnd to 20,000 vnd ( they also sell Cha or Vietnamese sausage for 5,000 vnd per one ) from banh loc ( tapioca dumpling), banh it ( sticky rice mochi filled with meat), banh beo ( steamed rice cake with shrimp and pork) or Banh Beo ( steamed rice cake topped with shrimp sauce)
Banh Canh or local noodle soup:
Different from Pho that only cook with beef or chicken, Banh Canh is a special noodle soup that can be served with whatever you like, and its noodle is quite thick as well.
You can try this dish at Xứ Huế Quán @ 230 Núi Thành, Quận Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng from 16.00 to 22.00. it costs from 15,000 vnd to 20,000 vnd per bowl.
Bun Mam – noodle salad with fermented anchovy sauce:
If fish smell does not bother you, this dish is definitely worth to try. Take a bit, feel the fresh of greens, crunch from pickles, crisp from fried shallot and fish flavor from the sauce, what a great sympathy! You can try this dish at Bún mắm bà Vân @ 23/14 Trần Kế Xương, Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng with the cost from 20,000 vnd per bowl.
Kem Bo or Avocado ice cream
This is simply a great dish for avocado lovers. They mix avocado with milk, avocado and dried coconut. It will revise you from the hot days.
You can try it at Co Van or Co Cuc stall @ Chợ Bắc Mỹ An, Quận Ngũ Hành Sơn, Đà Nẵng, the price is 10,000 per glass of avocado ice cream.
Young jackfruit salad @ Mit Tron Ba Gia 47/25 Lý Thái Tổ Street from 15.00 to 22.00
This is other local snack dish, that been preferred by locals for such a long time. Young Jackfruit salad is a wonderful mixture of boiled young jack fruit, boiled pig skin, seasoning and herbs. She also serve tapioca dumpling.
Price: 15.000-25.000 vnd
Ram Cuon Cai
If you love spring roll, this dish is made for you. Let’s wrap crispy spring roll with rice paper, pickles, veggie and dipping in the sauce. Then you could enjoy all taste pop out inside of your mouth.
Add: Ram Cuốn Cải Việt @ 236 Hải Phòng, Quận Thanh Khê, Đà Nẵng